La Fédération internationale des associations de multimédia / International Federation of Multimedia Associations (FIAM/IFMA) is a NGO in Special Consultative Status with United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC), established in Montréal, Canada in 1997.
FIAM’s mission is to develop a global networking platform for professional organizations, industrial associations, chambers of commerce, financial organizations, research and educational institutes, manufactures, traders and services providers in multimedia, internet and digital media industry.
- To involve in global economic and social sustainable development strategies, policy and crucial issues in multimedia and internet
- To build a global network for international leaders and senior experts in multimedia and internet
- To promote digital media innovation
- To promote digital contents in different languages
- To promote digital arts and creation
- To facilitate exchanges of technology, knowledge and experience between organization, associations and institutes, manufactures and services providers in digital media
- To develop international opportunities and projects in digital media industry and internet services
IFMA has developed a significant global network with UNCTAD, UNDP, UNESCO, UNIDO, OIF, CBC, AUC, OECD, as well as international professional, industrial or commercial organizations and associations in multimedia and internet from Europe (France, Switzerland, UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Spain, Portugal, Russia, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, etc.), North America (Canada, USA, etc.), Latin America and Caribbean (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Guatemala, Trinidad and Tobago, etc.), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Australia, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, UAE, etc.) and Africa (South Africa, Egypt, Sénégal, Zimbabwe, etc.) . Mr. Hervé Fischer (Canada) is the President of FIAM.